December 19, 2005

Question of the Week

Take a minute to reflect on your blog reading habits and preferences. What do you prefer to read in stitching blogs? (Progress, tips, family life, experiences, etc.) How much do you think you are influenced by other stitching bloggers?

Although I am new to the Blogging World myself, I have enjoyed reading other people's blog entries over several years. I particularly like it when Blogs are artistically displayed as it is much easier on the eye. I really appreciate the effort that goes into upkeeping Blogs now that I have started one myself. I enjoy getting to know people through their daily entries. Each person has their own unique style - to the point where you could show me some entries from several people's blogs (that I read regularly) and I would be able to tell who wrote them, just by their turn of phrase or commentary.

The Blog is what the owner wants it to be - it would appear from some that I have read that they are a way of outpouring one's thoughts, aspirations, dreams, anxieties and stresses (in that way they act as a therapy!) or maybe a living, evolving record of crafting treasures (so, a Show-Case), or even A Day in the Life (like a regular Daily Diary). All those dimensions are fascinating to me and I treat them all with the respect they deserve.

I do not like it when people leave unwanted, unsolicited comments, adverts or insults on people's blogs - it is like vandalism, like putting spray-paint graffiti onto the wall of a beautiful house or like folding over the pages of a treasured book which was lent by a friend. It is upsetting and degrading to the person who has chosen to share their Blog with the Web Community.

I think I will be considerably influenced by people's creativity as my Blog evolves .... so, tune in to see it grow and grow - and feel free to comment on what you would like to see more of (or less of!) in my Blog entries.

No comments: