October 09, 2006

Latest WIP - Seed Sampler

Before I talk about my stitching, here is a photo of some beautiful flowers I received from work. I have been working on a Placement in the Personal Computing space in my company and I completed the project on Thursday, so my boss bought me the flowers to say thanks and to wish me luck in my new Placement which will be at a different site in a completely different IT group. I will really miss the team I have been working with because they are so friendly and have been incredibly supportive during my recent difficult times. I will of course keep in touch with them!


Now, onto Crafting matters :-D. Here is an update for you on my Seed Sampler - I have now completed the top left hand quadrant - as you can imagine it took ages due to all the colour changes and a bit of frogging due to badly aligned stitches :-( All that remains is the words of the little poem and backstitching. I am so looking forward to completing it now! I want to see it in a frame and also I am itching to start my Gail Bussi picture - I finally received the White Evenweave - it took so long to arrive because I originally ordered DMC but apparently because it is now supplied from France there are big order backlogs, so they sent me some Zweigart instead and it is just as good and slightly cheaper.

I am going to visit Hobby Craft at lunchtime today because I have to buy some silk flowers for the wedding cake - the wedding is this coming Saturday and I still have a couple of jobs to complete apart from this - I have a further 5 favours to do and also the place cards for the Wedding Breakfast so everyone knows where they will be sitting.

Enjoy your Monday ... if that is possible - hey just think, its a day closer to the weekend LOL!!

7 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

What a beautiful bouquet! That is so thoughtful of your boss :)
Congrats on your progress on the Seed Sampler - not much more to go now! :D
Have a lovely week!

nela said...

Hola ali, feliz semana, me encantan tus flores.. se parecen al bouquet de tu cuadro... un beso y feliz semana
pd por cierto no has vista al cartero?

Margaret said...

What a lovely bouquet & I'm sure well deserved. Good luck as you start on your next project.
Your sampler looks great. The back stitching & wording will be such fun.
Have a good week.
Margaret

Stitch said...

Hi Ali! What a lovely seed sampler! So vibrant and full of colors! :) Beautiful flowers as well..but you deserve them...with your hard work and kind heart. Did you get my email?? Thank you SOOO much for the package of goodies!! I love it!! Hehe...I'm workign on getting a package of goodies together for you as well...just trying to find US mags I know you will enjoy. :) I will let you know when it goes out in the mail..it probably won't be till next week tho. Have to wait for payday..LOL

Anyhoo, have a great day!! Happy Stitchin!!!

If you need me, I'm buried under Christmas ornament charts/fabric/and finishes...LOL

*HUGS*

X Stitch X

Von said...

How wonderful to receive such a beautiful bouquet of flowers, Ali! I hope the new group you'll be working with are as great as the group you're leaving. :D

Barb said...

The bouquet is beautiful. So is the stitching piece. I really liked that one.

Mel in Dubai said...

Such beautiful flowers! It is nice when your hard work is appreciated :)

Your Seed Sampler is coming along wonderfully too - not long to go now :)