October 08, 2006

Traditional Craft Fayre

Yesterday I went to my local Craft Fayre which takes place twice per year in the field opposite my house. It is a 3 day event, set up in huge marquis, which takes about 2 hours to go round (if you want to see all the stalls).

Here are my purchases: A set of four Flower Fairies pictures. These pictures are unique in that they are all reclaimed colour plates from old books - I was firstly attracted to the Clover Fairy as this is my childhood favourite. Then I thought how nice it would be to have a set of 4 to hang at home. A complete impulse purchase but I am really pleased I bought them - the frames really do the pictures justice!

































The other thing I bought was a sign to put next to the front door with my house number on and, of course, the squirrel relates to the name of the house :-)

6 comments:

Chelle said...

Wow, great finds! I love the sign with your house number.

Kitty Couture said...

Lovely purchases, Ali! Love that sign too :)

Von said...

You did well at the fayre!! Lovely new things for your home. :D

Margaret said...

Wonderful to have a yearly craft fayre so close to home. The flower fairies are so lovely Alison. What a find!! Your sign is adorable.
Margaret

★ Sugarplum Fairy ★ said...

Lovely frames! Loved your blog!

Leeland said...

Great findings! I just love the squirrel: we've seen a grey one during our breakfat in a B&B and enjoyed it very much, though the owner didn't seem to share our amusement...
The hen MS kit is fun, and your seeds sampler is coming along nicely!
Lots of hugs!