February 16, 2006

Day Off Today (hence .... Long Blog!!)

I have been at home today, which has been really nice. I normally go to University for lectures on Fridays, but this week was a Reading Week (which basically means "time to catch up on my assignment work because I haven't even started it yet"!). I woke up early and decided to get down to the local swimming pool for an "early-bird swim" - there is nothing like some exercise to get motivation levels up. Then a quick dash to the supermarket, picked up some bits and pieces for the weekend (nice salad things, jacket potatoes, fresh bread and lovely strawberries on special offer, yummm) .... strangely enough World of Cross Stitch fell into my basket without me noticing ....what a surprise, LOL!
Came home and put on a wash-load as there was a week's worth of sport's kit and work clothes - how can one person create so much mess and work???
STITCHY GALLERY (Blog)
Despite the semi-energetic start to my day, I had no incentive to study today, which often happens when I have a lot of time (I end up doing less than normal - WHY???? It must be some subconscious gremlin that sits inside my head and tempts me to do nice things like cross-stitching and blogging). I decided to create a Stitchy Gallery, which will link to this Blog. The Master Plan is that it will be my permanent Gallery, to include Happy Dances, WIPs, UFOs and Wish List - although I will do ongoing WIP photos on this blog so I can chat to everyone about progress. It may take a few weeks to get it really how I want it, so I have decided not to add the link just yet - I am sure after all the big "build-up", you will be dying to see it LOL!! Don't worry if you don't hear anything for a few weeks, its all still going on ..... behind the scenes :-) Then it can be like a Grand Unveiling in some uptown Art Gallery - see, I'm dreaming again.
Over lunch, I made some progress on my latest project - I keep calling it my Adam-and-Eve Sampler, the one DH's Mum bought me for Christmas (she's wonderful!). DH has the digital camera in NZ so I will have to take a photo of my work when he gets back. Its a nice relaxing one to do - the photo below was the one I took of the actual kit.
So here I am mid-afternoon, writing my blog, feeling a bit bad for not doing at least 2 hours of work before finishing for the evening - then again, I will do some over the weekend to keep myself busy. I have created a work-plan for 4 hours each day - so that leaves me 20 hours to eat, sleep and .... yes, stitch!!!!!!!
I have an exam on 28th February so must be back into 'motivation-mode' before that - I also have to do two 5,000 word assignments for April and they take a loooooooong time. PANIC!!!!
I hope that whatever you have been busy doing in your day, you have had a great time - I have been dropping into quite a few blogs, leaving messages here and there and admiring the beautiful crafts we love so much. Its such fun this blogging!! Take care and speak to you soon xxxxx

8 comments:

AngelSan said...

you haven't come to my blog? ;)))))
This all sounds like me... like my saturdays.... I start shopping, etc, I feel like I have time to stitch all day, and before I know it, it's 4pm and I haven't touched anything !!!!

I don't understand the concept of the new blog, but I'll see when it's done. It's time to go home....

Kim said...

Sounds like you have a great weekend planned! Good luck w/ your studying. :D Your gallery sounds like it will be great, can't wait to see it. :D

Juanita said...

The colors in that sampler are gorgeous.

Good luck getting the gallery set up! I've been trying to do that with my old website, but keep getting sidetracked with other things. So much to do!

BeckySC said...

Thanks for visiting my blog :) It's nice to meet you :)
I agree, gorgeous colors in the sampler :)
Will look forward to seeing your gallery :)

Sasha Farina said...

good luck with all your assignments! LOL... enjoy your weekend Ali!

Von said...

What a lovely day!! Hope you end up getting a little studying in, with lots of stitching in between, lol!

Stitch said...

Hi! I completely relate to not accomplishing much when you have the most time. I too suffer from your ailment of having tons of work to do..but yet being driven to stitch and blog. LOL Good luck with your upcoming assignments!!

*HUGS*

Ash

nela said...

hola ali, que bien asi que este dia fue para ti, ayyy yo ando aca aun en cama, pero acompaƱada mi esposo vino por 3 dias, pero que he entrado rapido a la web y ayyyy me sacaron del grupo de margaret, y no se que hice, que meti la pata? ay ya tengo con que la revista no llegue ahora me sacan del grupo por que no hablo ingles,,,,, ayyyyyyy que mal ando y aun con dengue...